'IsNumber' and 'IsAlpha' functions syntax

James McBride

Hello,
I hate to do this, ask a question that is probably gonna have such an easy answer it is pitiful, but here goes:
I cannot seem to use these functions properly. I have the following simple loop to get some input and say 'Is It alpha' (or is it numeric, when I change it.

:GetInput

^!Set %InVal%=^?{(S=10)}

^!Prompt Value Entered is ^%InVal%

^!If ^$IsAlpha(^%InVal%)$=1 ^!Prompt "Is Alpha" else ^!Prompt "Is Not Alpha"

^!GoTo GetInput

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I am also very confused about ClipWizards and the difference between ^?[] and ^?{}, but I can save that for another post

--Jim