From: Clips@Notetab.groups.io <Clips@Notetab.groups.io> On Behalf Of loro
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 7:13 AM
To: Clips@Notetab.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NTB-Clps] 'IsNumber' and 'IsAlpha' functions syntax

Hello James,

James McBride wrote:
I cannot seem to use these functions properly. I have the following
simple loop to get some input and say 'Is It alpha' (or is it numeric,
when I change it.

:GetInput

^!Set %InVal%=^?{(S=10)}

^!Prompt Value Entered is ^%InVal%

^!If ^$IsAlpha(^%InVal%)$=1 ^!Prompt "Is Alpha" else ^!Prompt "Is Not
Alpha"

^!GoTo GetInput
It seems you can't have the prompt code on the same line as the If statement. If you split it up it works.

^!Set %InVal%=^?{}
^!Prompt Value Entered is ^%InVal%
^!If ^$IsAlpha(^%InVal%)$=1 next else notalpha ^!Prompt Is Alpha ^!Goto end :notalpha ^!Prompt Is Not Alpha ^!GoTo GetInput

Lotta