Re: ClipClass WAS: 'IsNumber' and 'IsAlpha' functions syntax

loro

At 09:23 AM 2020-07-31 -0400, James McBride wrote:
Holy Schnikes, that is a 'lotta' emails (yeah, I just made that pun
up.....you can thank me later 😝 )
Maybe I should buy a domain like alottaemails.com to use for my email needs. :-)

Now that I know that the clip language handles 'if' statements in a rather
strange way, I know that they may require some special debugging. I have
a series of conditions that need to be met to set a certain variable and
it def doesn’t seem that it works right if I just do:

^!If <condition1> and <condition2> action
But sometimes it does!

^!If 2 = 2 ^!calc

I'm confused about this too. Originally it didn't enter my mind that a command could be placed on the same line as a conditional statement. Then I saw some clips that did exactly that. I still keep things on separate lines since that's what I'm used to, but it would be interesting to know what the rules are, when things can be shoved together on one line and when they can't. It seems pretty random to me, but I'm sure it isn't.

Lotta

--
Computer says no.