From: Clips@Notetab.groups.io <Clips@Notetab.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Frascinella
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:04 PM
To: Clips@Notetab.groups.io
Subject: [NTB-Clps] formatting inside a clipbar file #notetab #notetab

NoteTabbers,

I have a clipbar for frequently used clips. How do I format a comment so it doesn't appear in the clip bar? The comments I now have appear with the open/close clipbook icon. I tried using a semicolon and then // at the start but that did not hide them.

Is there a special character that will hide a comment? I could not find any description of formatting clipbar files in the built in help.

Michael F.

Michael Frascinella

John,

Here is the comment line using your idea of starting with the # sign. It still appears at the start of the clipbar with a popup comment of
Clipbar name: my-clipbar

# 3-1-2020 - added "Note/Caution/Warning, dialog.bmp","","73"

There must be another comment character defined for this purpose.

Yours,

Michael F

John Shotsky

Oh, I think a semicolon on the front of the line will do what you want...
Regards,
John

Here is the comment line using your idea of starting with the # sign. It still appears at the start of the clipbar with a popup comment of Clipbar name: my-clipbar

# 3-1-2020 - added "Note/Caution/Warning, dialog.bmp","","73"

There must be another comment character defined for this purpose.

Yours,

Michael F

Michael Frascinella

John,

The semicolon did not work. I then opened the built-in HTML-1 clipbar and used the semicolor to start a comment and the open/close Notetab icon appeared there too.

There must be another character that will hide the comment.

Yours,

Michael F.

loro

Michael Frascinella wrote:
The semicolon did not work. I then opened the built-in HTML-1 clipbar and
used the semicolor to start a comment and the open/close Notetab icon
appeared there too.

There must be another character that will hide the comment.
Or not. I've never seen a comment in a clipbar file. Can we really have comments there?

Lotta

Lee Underwood

I use comments if clip files all the time, e.g.,

^!InsertHtml <span class="Tanakh">^&</span>
; See https://github.com/Sefaria/Sefaria-Project/wiki/Sefaria-Auto-Linker

Perhaps the problems is not space after the ";".

Lee

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

Michael Frascinella wrote:
The semicolon did not work. I then opened the built-in HTML-1 clipbar and
used the semicolor to start a comment and the open/close Notetab icon
appeared there too.

There must be another character that will hide the comment.
Or not. I've never seen a comment in a clipbar file. Can we really have comments there?

Lotta

Axel Berger

Lee Underwood wrote:
I use comments if clip files all the time, e.g.,
Clip Bar not Clip. The second line of icons below the menues.

Perhaps the problems is not space after the ";".
No. In clips no space is needed.

--
/¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 221/ 7771 8067
\ / HTML | Roald-Amundsen-Straße 2a Fax: +49/ 221/ 7771 8069