[Clip] RE: [NTB] Future of NoteTab Groups

John McGarey

How can we find the new group?
I tried searching but came up empty.

- John

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:57 AM 'John Shotsky' jshotsky@... [ntb-clips] <ntb-clips@...> wrote:

Before Verizon bought Yahoo Groups, I moved my substantial (multiple) Yahoo groups to groups.io. It has been working just fine for me and my members. It even has a mode where it will copy all the content from the yahoo groups site to your the Groups.io site. I did it, and it worked just great. No complaints with groups.io. It has a lot more features than Yahoo, and it actually works.

https://groups..io/

“Each group has many additional features, each of which is fully integrated with your group. Start with the calendar, where you can schedule events and send reminders. You can set up an unlimited number of chat rooms. There's also a poll feature, where you can ask questions of your group. Each group also has a full featured database, where you can define tables with different column types. There are photos and files sections.. And a wiki, for storing group knowledge. Finally, each group can have an unlimited number of subgroups.”

Regards,

John

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:57 AM
To: notetab@...
Subject: [NTB] Future of NoteTab Groups

Hi all,

Yahoo has announced some important changes in the Groups with...

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

"Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 28, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed.. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded."

It's not quite clear to me what that clue "What features will go away?" means.

Apparently, the "Files" area would be affected in particular. That is, all files being stored in that area will get lost. So there are only a few days left to save any contribution to be found in that area.

What does it all mean? Do we have to give up the NoteTab groups on Yahoo? Do we have to find another provider?

Regards,
Flo

John Shotsky

The new group(s) have not yet been created. We are in the process of making a plan.

Regards,

John

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:57 PM
To: ntb-clips@...
Subject: Re: [Clip] RE: [NTB] Future of NoteTab Groups

How can we find the new group?

I tried searching but came up empty.

- John

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:57 AM 'John Shotsky' jshotsky@... [ntb-clips] <ntb-clips@...> wrote:

Before Verizon bought Yahoo Groups, I moved my substantial (multiple) Yahoo groups to groups.io. It has been working just fine for me and my members. It even has a mode where it will copy all the content from the yahoo groups site to your the Groups.io site. I did it, and it worked just great. No complaints with groups.io. It has a lot more features than Yahoo, and it actually works.

https://groups..io/

“Each group has many additional features, each of which is fully integrated with your group. Start with the calendar, where you can schedule events and send reminders. You can set up an unlimited number of chat rooms. There's also a poll feature, where you can ask questions of your group. Each group also has a full featured database, where you can define tables with different column types. There are photos and files sections.. And a wiki, for storing group knowledge. Finally, each group can have an unlimited number of subgroups..”

Regards,

John

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:57 AM
To: notetab@...
Subject: [NTB] Future of NoteTab Groups

Hi all,

Yahoo has announced some important changes in the Groups with....

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

"Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 28, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed.. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded."

It's not quite clear to me what that clue "What features will go away?" means.

Apparently, the "Files" area would be affected in particular. That is, all files being stored in that area will get lost. So there are only a few days left to save any contribution to be found in that area.

What does it all mean? Do we have to give up the NoteTab groups on Yahoo? Do we have to find another provider?

Regards,
Flo