New file uploads

joy8388608

I had a little time today so decided to upload a few utilities. I thought the date conversion clips would come in handy since it was just being discussed. I decided to use the database table to record the new uploads at least for now because, as I said before, I just could not successfully follow the wiki instructions. I thought it better to do something rather than nothing.

I spent a lot of time on a clip I use to box and unbox lines of text. It has been working fine for me but is quite the effort to add code for the different flavors of NT especially when there is special handling for tabs and such. If you upload utilities, try to remember to add a disclaimer or warning for things like that or possible just add a few lines to not let the clip run in certain conditions.

Joy

Art Kocsis

On 12-26-2019 16:23, joy8388608 via Groups.Io wrote:
I decided to use the database table to record the new uploads at least for now because, as I said before, I just could not successfully follow the wiki instructions. I thought it better to do something rather than nothing.
I find it hard to believe that you can not follow the apples-to-apples Wiki instructions. You are not dumb (but you may be obstinate! ;-) )

As I have said, the apples-to-apples Wiki create/edit process is actually simpler than the database create/edit process. The Wiki process also allows the entire creation/edit portion to be done in NTB and then posted with a single copy and paste operation vs multiple copy and pastes - one for each DB field. I suspect most of us prefer editing text with NTB over any web editor. Actually, neither method needs detailed instructions as the steps are quite obvious after a little bit of experimental button clicking.

GIO Wiki Create Process GIO Database Create Process
========================= ============================

Login Login
Click "Wiki" Click "Database"
Select DB
Click "New Page" Click "Add Row"
Enter single page of text Enter multiple fields of text
(OR create in NTB and) (OR create in NTB and)
Copy & paste single page Copy & paste multiple fields
Click "Save Page" Click "Save Row"

GIO Wiki Edit Process GIO Database Edit Process
========================= ============================

Login Login
Click "Wiki" Click "Database"
Select page from "Pages" Select DB from list
Select DB record
Deselect fields (optional)
Click "Edit Page" Click "View Row"
Edit single page Edit multiple fields
(by any group member)* (only by DB or DB row owner)**

* Permissions set by group moderator/owner
** Permissions set by DB owner & DB row owner

joy8388608

Art said
I find it hard to believe that you can not follow the apples-to-apples Wiki instructions. You are not dumb (but you may be obstinate! ;-) )

Hi Art
Yes, really odd about the moderated posts.

I know you wrote it with a smile so I will take your comment the way I'm sure you intended it. I am not obstinate and spent a lot of time trying to follow your wiki instructions. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding as I was under the impression there were multiple links to be created and more than one entry to create for each upload. That's the part I was confused about. Now it appears to be a one page template entry.

I haven't noticed any opinions from others so I'm not sure how it has been decided to use the wiki pages instead of the database table and I have not received notices of anyone other than myself uploading programs for the benefit of others of which I have dozens.

I will give the wiki entry another try the next time I get a chance.

Joy