Topics

Selection box wizard question

John Shotsky

I may have asked this before, but don't remember the answer. I think the answer
is that 'you can't do that'.

Anyway, there are times when a group of files need to be merged together. There
can be many, many (hundreds of) files to merge, mostly single html files to be
merged into one big html file. They problem is that when the user is presented
with the wizard to choose what files they want, they either have to check all
the files they want, or uncheck the ones they don't want. As it is, I present
them with all boxes checked because that is what is usually wanted. But what if
they want only a couple of those many files?

What I'd like is a way to check or uncheck all the boxes while looking at the
wizard. Or perhaps a way to dismiss that wizard and present one with all the
checkboxes unchecked. Either way would require some sort of action other than
cancel or ok.

Ideas?

Regards,

John

Axel Berger

John Shotsky wrote:
As it is, I present
them with all boxes checked because that is what is usually wanted. But what if
they want only a couple of those many files?
I presume you know this already and don't want it: You can have a separate
Question first and depending on that present one of two wizards, either all
checked or all unchecked.

Or perhaps a way to dismiss that wizard and present one with all the
checkboxes unchecked. Either way would require some sort of action other than
cancel or ok.
That is easy. Have an unchecked pseudo-entry first "uncheck all" and close
with the normal "OK". Look at that entry first and if checked ignore all
others but reopen the wizard -- with another pseudo-entry "check all".

If the pseudo-entry is unchecked process the rest as normal.

--
/¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 221/ 7771 8067
\ / HTML | Roald-Amundsen-Straße 2a Fax: +49/ 221/ 7771 8069

John Shotsky

Thanks, Axel, that sounds like it will work for me.
Regards,
John

[...]

James McBride

Hello,
I am not sure that I can help here or not, but I am certainly going to try.
Rather than put all entries with a preceding '_' into your list (which means
that they will be checked in that list), couldn’t you conditionally add the
entry with either the _ or not based on a set of conditions?

--Jim

[...]

Not really - About the best I could do is add a user option to either check all
checklists or not, but usually they will want them all checked. It is a folder
full of individual html files that are to be merged into a single file. I'm
working with 227 such files now, because I need enough variety to find outlier
cases, such as URL's in the wrong place, etc. For my own purposes, I could just
run it with all unchecked, but users would not know how to do that. I may just
add that user option so they can change it from Y to N in the option.
Regards,
John

[...]

flo.gehrke@...

John,

In 2015, we had a discussion on a wizard that allows changing the selection in several ways. Maybe it will give you some hints having a look at the solution I postetd in...

Re: Concatenate All Open Documents, 11.9.2015, message #24720.

Regards,
Flo

John Shotsky

Thanks, Flo! I'll take a look...